2.03.2011

Passing Through

It's my birthday week! Doing something random this year by escaping the big cities to be in peaceful Brunei Darussalam. It has been a little over 8 years since the last time I set foot on this exquisite country known for its 'Kampong Ayer' (Water Village), rich with oil and natural gas, and famous for it's beautiful palaces and mosques. Contrary to my initial expectation, this trip has so far been everything but dull. Brunei hasn't developed much over these past few years but I don't hear myself complaining so I suppose I must like Brunei unchanged just the way it is. It has only been my first full day here, yet I've already went shopping while sightseeing, chilled by the beach, roamed around the amazingly beautiful Empire Hotel & Country Club, went private bowling with family and friends, and consumed way too much (good) food!

1 and 3: A couple of lace favourites I've packed along | 2: Experiencing sunrise at 30,000 feet above the ground | 4: Heading towards the beach for dinner at sunset