(Freedom faux leather vest, Forever21 tank top, DIY Levi's denim skirt, vintage Versace chain necklace, Guess purse chain worn as bracelet)
How to bleach and rip a denim skirt:
- Prepare your denim skirt, bleach, a container with small opening (in this case I used a spray bottle), a penknife/cutter, a huge disposable cardboard and an open space to execute your project.
- Pour the bleach safely into the container. Add water if you want a lighter bleach effect (I didn't).
- Pour/spray the bleach onto the denim skirt. Go ahead, treat the skirt as a blank canvas -- the design choice is yours to be creative with!
- Use the knife to initiate the cutting. Rip the rest of the cut to have less clean, more grungy effect. You can fray the hem as well, like I did.
- Hang the skirt to dry.
- Or if you're an impatient duck like me, just toss the drenched skirt into the dryer until fully dry :)