8.11.2011

The Turquoise Story


Two of my favourite antique silver necklaces with turquoise accents, scored while on a trip back to Malaysia two months ago. I remember spending over an hour in the tiny market-like jewelry shop that was almost hidden amongst other mega sized brand stores at Berjaya Times Square mall. The simple fact that the shop looked abandoned was enough to compel me to enter and immediately find myself drenched with regret for not bringing my camera along to capture the beauty that filled every single inch of the shop's wall. I found it utterly magical how the shop owner, who travels around the world to source the pieces for her shop, somehow just knew my taste and style as she presented a plethora of antique jewelries and accessories made of pure silver, exuberant stones, ethnic beads and exotic minerals. I ended up spending more than I could afford in that shop alone but it was probably one of the happiest purchases I've ever made. Without a doubt I'll stop by that little hut of gem again during my trip to Malaysia end of this month... and be sure not to forget my camera second time around!